SERVE Workshop – 15th February 2012, LIT Thurles
Final Reminder to Register for SERVE Workshop – Using the Results from SERVE to influence Sustainable Energy Development in Co. Tipperary
Key issues to be discussed
- Nearly 100MW of wind installed in County Tipperary but potential for a further 500MW. What are the impacts of such development? What are the local benefits?
- Nearly 20 MW of biomass heating systems installed in the County (residential and commercial). How can the targets of 144MW be achieved? How will the investment be managed?
- 1,500 homes per year to be upgrade by 2020 (at a minimum). Do we have the resources, skills and knowledge to achieve this? How can efficiencies be improved (group purchasing, community approaches etc)? Where will the funds come from?
- What roles will the Local Authority have to take? Is there sufficient scope with County Development Plans?
- What does industry need to do?
- How can we maximise job creation? Can sustainable energy be a driver of investment and enterprise development?
- How can we link with EU Initiatives e.g. Convenant of Mayors, Horizon 2020 Research Funding and other Funding
- What will the future role of the TEA be?
- What are the key actions and who are the action holders for the next 3 years (to 2015)
- Should we establish a County Tipperary Sustainable Energy Forum to drive change and ensure coordination
Find out more and register here: http://servecommunity.ie/news/serve-conference-and-events-20112012/serve-workshops-beyond-serve/