The SERVE project has the following key objectives.
- Create a region in North Tipperary which is a leader in the implementation of sustainable energy actions.
- Reduce the energy consumption in 500 existing buildings by improving their energy performance through insulation and heating control measures
- Develop a eco-village with 132 houses in Cloughjordan which showcases energy efficient design and is supplied by Ireland first renewable energy district heating system
- Increase the use of renewable energy technologies through supporting the installation of renewable energy heating systems and demonstrating the use of electricity from micro wind.
- Utilise technical and socio-economic expertise from European Partners to monitor performance and impacts in the region and to disseminate the results widely.
The SERVE project will target a total of 635 buildings, existing and new, for energy efficiency and renewable energy measures over a 3 year period. This highly ambitious project will set new standards for energy performance and renewable energy supply in rural Ireland, using EU best practice and expertise.
You can download the SERVE Project Summary SERVE Prospectus Final For Web here.
Find out about the SERVE Region here
Check out our Photo Gallery here
- Tipperary Institute (Co-ordinator)
- North Tipperary County Council
- Sustainable Projects Ireland Limited
- Tipperary Energy Agency Ltd
- Renewable Energy Management Services
- Energy Consulting Network
- Senergy EConnect Ltd
- North West Croatia Energy Agency
- Surface Power Technologies
- CIRCA Group Europe
- Ayuntamiento de El Franco
The project is funded under the EU CONCERTO Programme which is funded by the European Commission. Click here for more information on the CONCERTO Initiative.